Timeline

2006
September 25

Alterations to the kitchen

June 25

Fitment of disabled toilets

1991
July 27

Chapel refurbished, old wooden pews replaced by chairs, The communion rail made free standing, Old pulpit replaced by one of a modern design.

1990
July 27

Storage room extension added to the John Gibbs Hall

1987
July 27

George Phillips front lobby and corridor linking all the church buildings together

1982
July 27

Kitchen extended (thus eliminating the vestry). A partition able part was and is still used as a Vestry

1980
July 27

Old American Reed Organ was replaced by by an electric organ, dedication ceremony on 18th July

1976
July 27

John Gibbs Hall built Opened 11 March

1975
July 27

Church premises used as a doctors surgery, using the small vestry as an office and the Eldridge hall as the waiting room

1974
July 27

The old Gallery converted into a meeting room and named George Room

1966
July 27

Toilets, vestry and small Kitchen built, Girls and Boys Brigades formed

1954
July 27

Pulpit moved and false ceiling fitted

1946
July 27

Electricity connected to the Chapel

1932
July 27

Eldridge hall built

1923
July 27

Chapel centenary Celebrations

1914
July 27

Gas lighting installed

1825
July 27

1st burial took place at the chapel

1824
July 27

Present Chapel built

1823
July 27

1st primitive Methodist Chapel built in Chalfont

1814
January 1

1st Weslyan Methodist Chapel built in Chalfont